Prompts every tick

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Date: 08/02/97

I recall that many times it's been descussed how to make the mud give a
prompt every tick so you can see when it happened.  I descovered an easy
way that is just 1 small loop.

in game_loop() it constantly checks a value in the player's descriptor to
see if they should get a prompt.  So when a tick happens, all you need to
do is set this value... i.e.

      for (d = descriptor_list; d; d = d->next) {
         d->prompt_mode = 1;
      }

That forces the mud to redraw everyone's prompt.

Out of curiosity, what are some of the methods that people have used?

Brazil - Implementor of AddictMUD
         addict.realms.org  4000
         206.185.32.8       4000