Re: [NEWBIE] New MUD Questions

From: Justin (c616077@SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: 08/05/97

Go to the circleMUD site (ftp.circlemud.org) likee is listed in this
mailing list's FAQ.  There are very simple and easy to follow directions
in the files classes and races to add just those things.
What should you know?  CircleMUD is written in C, and you'll have to get
to know it.  I still don't know a lot about it.  I had a Pascal class
once, which was close enough to give me a start, and from there on I just
read the code, trying to understand it, using what I knew of Pascal, and
occasionally asking really ignorant questions to a couple people.
Get to know and love 'grep' in unix; it's your friend and saviour.  Wanna
find how 'bash' works in the mud?  Got to the src directory, and 'grep
bash *'.  Go to where it tells you, and follow functions around.
I will be willing to answer any question you feel might be too simple to
post to the list.  Assuming I know the answer :)
Hope you get your mud up and it's everything you hoped for.  But be
patient; I've been working on mine since mid-semester winter '96.

Salvatore