Re: emacs

From: Kenneth G. Cavness (kcavness@PROXICOM.COM)
Date: 08/06/97

>how do I save/exit the file after i have replaced the string with emacs
>also I get a file when it autosaves it gives me a file
>#file8.wld# what does that mean and how can i view/delete it thanks

 There are tons of sites on the Web, as well as books put out, on how to use
Emacs. This mailing list gets too much traffic for these sorts of questions
to be posed.

However, I'll answer it anyway.

To save and exit, type ctrl-x and then ctrl-c.
To save and stay in Emacs, type ctrl-x and then ctrl-s.
If you don't, Emacs will keep a file #filename#.
Emacs also makes a backup called "filename~".

Merry christmas,
--
Kenneth G. Cavness
Software Engineer