Help with color in prompt

From: Serapi (roland@INTERPATH.COM)
Date: 08/07/97

Hey all.

Ive been attempting to add color to the prompt...I first tried to do it
with easycolor, code looking like this:

    if (PRF_FLAGGED(d->character, PRF_DISPMANA))
      sprintf(prompt, "\\c02%s%dM ", prompt, GET_MANA(d->character));

A wash...it sent the prompt out like this:

\c01\c015000H\c02\c025000M\c03\c035000V

So then I tried this:

    if (PRF_FLAGGED(d->character, PRF_DISPHP))
      sprintf(prompt, "%s%s%dH ", KRED,  prompt, GET_HIT(d->character));

And hmmm, while it does display the prompt in red, it cuts off some of
the prompt, and the all the normal text on the screen blinks in and out!
:P  So my question is, what variable for color should I be using in
there, instead of KRED?

Thanks,

Serapi