Re: Patch to C++

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/11/97

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Michael J. McGillick wrote:

>There was some mention on this list earlier about a patch that would allow
>me to compile the stock Circle (Patch level 11) code under C++.  I tried

'twas me.

>simply changing the compiler to g++, incorrectly thinking that because it
>was C code, it should compile.  Guess I was wrong :)  If such a patch

CircleMUD uses reserved C++ words. (new, this)  So does OasisOLC, ick.

>exists, or someone has actually successfully converted over, I would
>really be interested in how you did that.  Even if you can lead me in

I removed the 'new', 'this', and fiddled with 'const' till it all worked.
:)

Patches are at http://dragon.ham.muohio.edu/~greerga/Circle/ or
http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD

They don't actually use anything C++ specific so you could apply those
patches even if you're still going to use 'gcc' or other non-C++ compiler.

Maybe some day I'll make the buffer patch C++ as I originally designed it.
(acquire_buffer, release_buffer, release_all_buffers being public and the
rest being protected/private depending.)

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard