Re: compiling errors

From: Robert Sinland (rsinland@ERSKINE.POLARISTEL.NET)
Date: 08/12/97

> ObCircle:
> i changed my G zone command so that my builders can specify a quantity
> when they are giving objects to a mob...this makes things easier
> especially with shops where you don't want the keep er to have an
> unlimited stock....so..here goes the code...
>
> in db.c..
>
> in void load_zones...
> simply remove the:
>
>     else if (strchr("G", ZCMD.command) != NULL) { /* ### */
>
> so that the G command will be included in the group of commands
> with 4 args..

  Hate to bug you over something that should be obvious, but would you
mind elabortaing on this one change?

I remarked out that whole section....
 //   else if (strchr("G", ZCMD.command) != NULL) { /* ### */
  //     if ((arg_num = sscanf(ptr, " %d %d %d %d ", &tmp, &ZCMD.arg1,
&ZCMD.arg2, &ZCMD.arg3)) != 4) {
  //       if (arg_num != 3)
  //         error = 1;
  //       else
  //         ZCMD.arg3 = 0;
  //     }
  //     else if (ZCMD.arg3 < 0)
  //       ZCMD.arg3 = 0;
  //   }

  It compiled fine, but the mud will not boot.

Format error in world/zon/25.zon, line 27: 'G 1 2504 100
                    Silce Of Traveller's Bread'
do I have to change all the zone files by hand now, or did I
misinterpret that line of instructions?
Thanks
RS