Re: [Legal -again-] Contributions

From: Brian Williams - Nashak (bmw@EFN.ORG)
Date: 08/17/97

vvvvvvv
What I said in my last paragraph was simply this.  The license *DOES NOT*
say, "You cannot accept donations from anyone for any reason as long as
you
run CircleMUD," and it does not say, "No-one can make a donation to you."
It is saying that you cannot *ACCEPT* donations/compensensation sent to
you
because of your CircleMUD.  So, no, it's not robbing some of their free
will, it's telling you that you can't *accept* those donations.
^^^^^^^

I just have to ask this.. What if someone comes on your MUD, gets to know
you, and you start dying of cancer, could they donate money to a charity
or something? It is after all because of your CircleMUD, but it isn't
monetary gain, and it has nothing to do with your mud besides thats how
the person knows you.. ???? Da' Confused One X----X

       / /XXXXXXX\ \    / ////// /
    / //////  \\\\\\\  ////// /    Brian Williams
   / ////// /\ \\\\\XXX///// /    bmw@efn.org