Re: bpl12 Suggestions

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/17/97

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

> On 8/17/97 9:26 PM, Jeremy Elson (jelson@CIRCLEMUD.ORG) stated:
>
> >The buffer system seemed like a really good idea at the time, but for
> >this exact reason it seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth.
> >I'll take a look at your system.  Unfortunately, I kind of like the
> >return-style more than the if-else-else-else-else..... style, because
> >I think the return style is easier to read and write.
>
> What about labels/goto?  Not sure if they are ANSI C tho...
>
> ACMD(do_pour)
> {
> if (blahblah)
>   goto end_do_pour;   // was return;
> end_do_pour:
>   // finish up and
>   return;

NO NO NO NO!!! Please!!! No!!

It has been proven that the more 'goto' and 'gosub' statements there are
in a program the more logic and/or compile-time errors there are in the
code. PLEASE don't doom Circle to an early grave if this is possible.

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!