Re: Infinite loops from "Daniel Koepke" at Aug 21, 97 02:55:36 pm

From: Andrew Helm (ashe@IGLOU.COM)
Date: 08/21/97

> Although, I suppose it might be appropriate
> for Macintosh or Windows-based Circles (because those operating systems
> don't dump cores; at least, Windows doesn't, and I don't think System
> does).

Macintoshes don't dump core, but they do have a debugger called
Macsbug (no, not named that way because of Macintosh :) that
any decent Mac programmer will have installed. It breaks into
the debugger upon a system error, letting you examine everything
in memory, disassemble, see the stack chain, and all that other
good stuff. It's just as good as dumping core, I guess. Anyhow,
there's no need to worry about such loops when programming for
the Mac, and if there's one area where skimping on "proper"
coding style is actually worth it, it's inside loops.