Re: [Code]Parry and Dodge

From: Gilbert the Great (eobert@UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU)
Date: 08/21/97

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, J.T. wrote:

> I have been messing around with parry and dodge alot lately, and every
> time I try a different method, I get the same results: The pc only
> passies, or only dodges, and the mobs that are fighting the character
> who has parry will parry, even though they don't have the skill. I was
> just wondering if anyone had a working parry skill that they could post,
> or possibly give me a few ideas on how to get this skill working.
>
> Thanks.
> Joe

  percent = number(1, 101);
  if (percent < prob && IS_WEAPON(attacktype) && dam != 0 &&
!IS_NPC(victim)) {
   act("You skillfully dodge $N's attack!", FALSE, victim, 0, ch,
TO_CHAR);
   act("$n gracefully dances around $N's clumsy attack.", FALSE, victim,
0, ch,
   dam = 0;
  }

  percent = number(1, 101);
 if (percent < prob && IS_WEAPON(attacktype) && dam != 0 &&
!IS_NPC(victim) &&
     victim->equipment[WEAR_WIELD]) {
  send_to_char("Wow! Nice parry!\r\n", victim);
  act("$n skillfully parries $N's attack!", FALSE, victim, 0, ch,
TO_ROOM);
  dam = 0;
 }