[Suggestion] BPL 12 -Skills-

From: Corey Crawford (choitsma@NETCOM.COM)
Date: 08/26/97

Hello hello :)

Just had an idear for skills for a new version of Circle.

I was thinking.. maybe we could make all the skills run thru the
same command, much like the 'cast' spell.

A skill entry could look like this: (in the command list)

 { "bash",   POS_FIGHTING,     do_skill,  0, SKILL_BASH },

And do_skill would have a case SKILL_BASH: <code for bash here>.

Just an idea, but I think that would make it easier on the newbies
and it would allow ppl to make checks on ALL the skills without
having to put in IFs and stuff into every skill command that's in
act.offensive.c

It'd be pretty darn easy to do too, might even make a skills.c

:P

L8trz

        Myrddin

--