Re: Why 128-Bit?

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/26/97

At 07:27 AM 8/24/97 PDT, you wrote:
>Just want to ask a simple question... What is the 128-bit code for? Why
>would someone add this to their mud?
>
>Tsall I wanna know :)

I added it so that I wouldn't be restricted in my creativity.

Within my first two nights of modifying Circle, I ran out of the 32 bits on
player flags. I've been coding (on my MUD that is) for 7 months and have
racked up close to 40 mob flags, over 40 player flags, and around 35 room
and obj flags.

Those are all just MY ideas.... When I the creator's and co-imps stick in
ideas, then that number will grow. I just hope that 128 is ENOUGH..... I
don't think it will be a problem for several years.  Yes... I'm quite
serious. :)

John Evans
mailto:evansj@hi-line.net     http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!