Re: [ Problem ] Areas changing...

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/27/97

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

>I just want to hear others opinion should this be done in real world? I
>mean real world mud, that is running and players are playing... Because, a
>lot of them have pre-made dirs and they speedwalk to the different
>locations... So adding one more room which was not there before... Would
>mixed up all of their dirs.. ;> Pretty nasty... I think that players would
>hate it...

I believe it should, but give a legitimate reason for the change. (Such as
a tree falling you have to climb over and if you go down the tree north you
get the other place.)  Who cares? They shouldn't run around with speedwalk
anyway because they're missing your beautiful descriptions. :P  Besides,
speedwalk is just PC's on autopilot...and someone once wrote up enough
tintin triggers for the PC to kill a mob, rest, eat, drink, move, and kill
the mob again without them being there.

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard