Re: [NEWBIE] Questions

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 08/28/97

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Gary Barnett wrote:

-+Have the guildmaster load in a different place. See the zone files.

Don't forget the arrays in class.c that say where a person can practice;
and also, if you create any new guild guards (the guild masters I don't
think have anything to do with the guilds, other than the descriptions),
then there is a seperate array for that.  Basically, I think (read:
pretty sure, but not sure enough to say that I know) that a guild is
determined by a virtual number in an array, which resides in class.c.
This array dictates where someone (I don't think the guild is class
restricted) can practice at.

Then I think the guarding of the guild (and hence the restriction that
only one class may enter) is done by a guild guard, who has his own
SPECIAL() procedure and array (in class.c, again).  I could be wrong,
as this is from memory, but I'm pretty sure...:)

-+> 3.) Is there anyway to save where a player logs off?? say if they are in a
-+> big maze and disconect they come back at the same place instead of the home
-+> start location??
-+>
-+Remove the checks that save the default start room when a player is saved to
-+disk.

I think this is a matter of changing a select number (read: use intelligence,
don't change lines that create behavior you don't want) of the save_char()s
to use "save_char(ch, ch->in_room);" instead of NOWHERE.  :)

-+I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
-+And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never
-+expect it.     - Jack Handey

Heh.  :)

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]