Re: Pissing off the players administration

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/02/97

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Andrew Helm wrote:

>> Arguing over semantics, repeatedly, does that sometimes.  I would guess
>> he's just disgusted at the entire argument and would rather see it die.
>
>George, I have a point other than semantics. How would you suggest
>arguing with Daniel? I'm intereted in hearing the answer, because
>I have found him to completely ignore the meaning behind my words,
>to call names (which he has been doing since the beginning of this
>thread), and to basically restate things you've already agreed
>with. How do you handle someone who will not address your points?

You listen to his points too.

But I regress, if you care to argue over petty details, mail them
privately, don't try to extract satisfaction over the list because you will
find that you just make them 'pissed-off' too.

Try to make your MUD fun, but don't bend over backwards to keep them happy,
some will be upset at what you do and so be it.  You can't please everyone
and if you do you will just get frustrated yourself.  If they're pissed off
at a legitimate problem that you did not intend, then fix it, but if you
want it that way and some people don't like it, they can just suffer.  You
run the MUD, you make it what you want, you make it fun, and if you let the
snivelling minority always have their say you will end up in an even worse
position. (Such as how 'political correctness' is today, the result of
everyone being afraid that someone else won't like what they're saying or
doing and thus they make everything religion-nuetral, race-neutral,
sex-neutral, and english-empty.  Some people will not like it, but the
majority of people will understand what you're trying to say and not get
offended at every other syllable.)

Oh nevermind.