Re: Newbie questions. <3.0.3.32.19970908181306.00690b88@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 09/08/97

>Well, when you really think about it, Circle was *unofficially* updated by
>the Circle Mailing list.  If you include all of the structural changes and
>technical detailing done by some of the coders here, and try to give it a
>new patch level, we'd be up to about 30 by now.  The *need* for Jeremy to
>officially update CircleMUD is not really needed by those who can update it
>themselves, which many are competant of doing (then again, many MORE are
>not...)  Not to say that we don't need you, Jeremy.. :)

Yes, I've been busy; yes, I've been saying that for a long time; yes,
Circle development is being done; yes, there will be another
patchlevel soon.  The main thing I want to do is iron out some of the
nagging details (e.g. alias saving, etc.), get it well documented (I'm
numbering every SYSERR message and documenting what each message means
and how to fix it).  My ultimate goal is to make Circle *so* well
documented and easy to understand and modify that no one will ever
write me email asking "How do I do <x>".

You're right that most of Circle's evolution has been the evolution of
add-ons.  Maybe my role will be more of a patch-coordinator in the
future rather than a primary developer. :-)

Jeremy