Re: <error> Malloc

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/09/97

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Corey Crawford wrote:

>Remember that olc bug I was talkin' about earlier?
>Where if you medit a new mob, quit without changing anything, then
>try to medit another mob it dies? Well.. guess what.. this is what
>I get with a gdb breaked in comm.c (in game_loop)

Here's some weird things to ponder in OasisOLC:

Setup:
free(mob_proto) as first line in do_olc:
bin/circle -m   (ok)

Setup:
free(mob_proto) right after save checking:

bin/circle -m   (crash)
bin/circle      (ok)

Puff gets whacked but it looks like everything else gets copied ok...even
though the memory was previously freed. (and if freed later it
crashes...I'm hunting it down currently...)

(All of this was on solaris, btw, not my normal Linux platform.)