Re: Scam

From: Ed Wrotniewski (edskee@HOME.COM)
Date: 09/14/97

At 11:18 PM 9/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Already, one other person has fallen to this scam! Be warned!
>
>Fili

Like I said before... any moron stupid enough to fall for this 'scam'
deserves what he gets.

I have a question... how is this a 'scam'? Someone logs on, says they are a
coder. (Like I said before... does this grant you some special right? Like
can you arrest people, and go into a store and demand cash, or commandeer a
vehicle because you are a coder? I'm gonna try getting a new '98 Ford
Explorer tomorrow using my newfound power.) Next, this 'coder' says he has
permission to see the code. Next, a totally incompitent moron says, "Duh...
ok... iffin you say so, becuz you are a coder I guess you can. duh..."

Answer this question for me...

WHO'S FAULT IS IT THAT THIS GUY GOT THE CODE? It's the frigging IDIOT who
would just give out the code because some COMPLETELY anonymous person asked
for it.

That's like some guy in jeans and a NY Yankees tshirt knocks on your door,
says he's here to virus scan and update your computer, but he needs to take
it to his office. You look at this person, who has no identification,
doesnt even look like a repairman, think to yourself "Hey, I never called
anyone... in fact my PC is working fine." THEN YOU GIVE IT TO HIM! IDIOT!

I hope to GOD this is all a joke. Please say it is. If it's not, I suggest
finding out where this 'head coder' of yours lives, go over there, and put
a bullet in his head. Actually... better yet, get another coder to go shoot
him. He couldnt get arrested... coders obviously have diplomatic immunity
now, too.

Hades