Re: [off topic] machine platforms

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 09/16/97

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Robert Sinland wrote:

> I know someone with 20 NeXT units for sale, and I was wondering if
> anyone had tried to code Circle under that OS.
> I have heard that these machines have a very nice coding interface..then
> again depends on how much a person would have to change the code to get
> it to fly..  Opinions?

I couldn't tell you which version of the NeXT operating system I've worked
with, but my experience with it was that it didn't require any difficult
porting under bpl7.  bpl11 and higher should configure and compile without
a hitch on any NeXT system using unix.

Speaking of strange platforms, has anyone tried running circle on a harris
nighthawk?  I had a hell of a time porting pine/pico to it but I haven't
tried circle.  If I find some time and motivation I'll see what it'll take
to get it working.

Sam