Re: Spell Delay

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 09/21/97

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, John Evans wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Tim Davis wrote:
>
> > Ok, im not asking for the code for create water.  :)
> > What i am asking for is a means by which to make the character wait a
> > round before each step in casting.  Could this be accomplised using the
> > delay function defined in one of the C library Headers (dont know which one)?
> > I already experimented with creating a loop that would have the same
> > effect, but it just lagged the WHOLE mud.  :)
>
> I have not done this, but one of my coder buds is doing this and he said
> something about a loop in heartbeat() and a special "wait state" for
> casting spells.

Ah, why bother... :)) *giggle*

Use events! :) they are nifty, easy to use and ooh-weee pretty! :))

Just make mag_manual spell where you do something like this:

First you make two or three events, which will display that nifty messages
and in the last one you actualy do what the spell would do.

in ASPELL just call that first event and send some messages to the char...
:)

I think this is the easiest way... *shrug*

David!