Re: Bitvectors

From: Franco Gasperino (awe@CET.COM)
Date: 09/22/97

> From: George <greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU>
> To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
> Subject: Re:  Bitvectors
> Date: Monday, September 22, 1997 6:52 PM
>
> I personally believe they should be 'unsigned' integers by default instead
> of just 'int'.  That gets rid of that (bitvector < 0) check in sprintbit()
> and allows the use of the last bitvector on machines where the default is
> signed.

  I agree about the sprintbit, however by removing the high bit and allowing
it to be used would tend to throw a lot of new programmers for a loop. A
32 bit value using the last bit for flags would probably not be used by quite
a few people, not that it is a huge advantage to begin with.

Franco Gasperino
Cutting Edge Communications
http://www.cet.com/
509-444-INET