Re: [RP] [Code] [Newbie] [Brainstorm] Race SpecificClasses: Help!!!

From: Franco Gasperino (awe@CET.COM)
Date: 09/23/97

----------
> From: Justin <c616077@SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU>
> To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
> Subject: Re:  [RP] [Code] [Newbie] [Brainstorm] Race SpecificClasses:
             Help!!!
> Date: Tuesday, September 23, 1997 11:36 AM
>
> > bitvector.  So a bitvector in Circle is as big as a signed integer on
> > your platform (OS/compiler/machine).
> So, practically speaking, what does this mean?  That _most_, but not all,
> stock Circles are 32bit because of above statement?  If you're on the
> right os, you'll have a 128bit stock Circle?
>
> Seeking knowledge,
> Salvatore

  I think it means that most OSes and processors that people run MUDs
off of are 32 bit (windows, most verions of unix, ect). Some servers with
the right OS are capable of 64 bit integers, which means your bitvectors
used can be 0 - 63, if the platform supports it, when some are 16 bit
signed integers because of older OSes (win 3.1, dos, ect).

Franco Gasperino
Cutting Edge Communications
http://www.cet.com/
509-444-INET