Re: [CODE] [LONG] Equipment occupying multiple spots

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 09/23/97

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

> On 9/23/97 5:47 AM, John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET) stated:
>
> >I recoded the checks for wether someone is using a light item. (It loops
> >        through all the EQ spots and checks for the flag or it the item
> >        is of type 'LIGHT' and held.)
>
> Using object affects, you could simply add a character affect AFF_LIGHT,
> and that would solve the problem totally, plus save code/time.

You're correct about it being faster, but I want people to be able to
wear 'light items' when in total darkness. I figure that if the item will
light up a room, then it is most likely giving off enough light to be
seen to be worn. That way someone won't be really screwed if their 'in
use' light item get destroyed in a dark room or some other nasty thing
like that.

The code for allowing them to wear something flagged ITEM_LIGHT_SOURCE
was smoother and smaller that way instead of using the AFF_LIGHT.

Thanks for the idea, though!

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.