Re: Liscensing and Copyrights

From: Alex (fletcher@DEMOCRACY.QUEENSU.CA)
Date: 09/24/97

> Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer wrote:
> >DISCLAIMER: I know this isn't needed, but the above is considered
> >  "mailer code" which means you can modify it as needed, without
> >  need of a license :-P
>
> Due to the fact that the list is a public transmittal medium, wouldnt just
> sending a message without a liscense attached at the top make it so the code
> could be modified without need of a liscense?

How about just taking an implicit 'license' from the list:

   All code is mailer code and not 100% guaranteed to work, but if you
   should choose to implement it or draw inspiration from it, please
   take the effort to credit the author(s) and possibly even the list
   for assisting the idea.

F.
--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.