Re[2]: Liscensing(a good question)

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 09/26/97

As far as I can understand it, you would not be violating the liscense if you
charged for this.  the problem is that only people that haven't changed their
world file format could use it. The question could be harder to determine if you
just ripped out the parse_room from db.c though.  But if this is the CircleEdit
program, I think you are pretty safe seeing all the extra work that must have
taken.
--Angus
I have been wondering about this ever since I wrote an offline editor, and
I was considering asking for a small reg fee (don't like to, but I'm a
student with $0 income, and a fairly larger outflow of cash).  I didn't,
and posted the editor with source to my web page, because I was unsure if I
could, and I still don't know how i'd collect from people all over the
world exactly, but if someone could clarify it for me I would appreciate
it.
Any ideas about collecting cash in all kinds of foreign formats from all
over would be appreciated too.