Re: [Code][Errors]

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 09/28/97

On Sun, 28 Sep 1997, Adam wrote:

>  have been trying to make the autoexit code better than the stock stuff so
> I took the ACMD(do_exits) command and basically put it into the autoexit
> code, the MUD crashed everytime a regular player logged in, but an immortal
> could log in fine. I have now also tried using the very similar code from
> the Snippet Site.
>
> I get this error message and the MUD crashes:
>
> Thu Sep 25 22:02:36 :: SYSERR: Illegal value(s) passed to char_to_room

Adam,
        You've posted this before and I think that the concensus(SP?) was
that we're really not going to be able to help you out much on this one
unless we can get the code that is causing the crash, and the gdb output
from the core file. Instead of just leaving you hanging, I'll try my best
to step you through using gdb.

After the crash do, go to the main directory of your mud (The directory
that has 'autorun' in it).

type: gdb bin/circle lib/core
type: backtrace
type: p *ch
type: quit

Capture that output, and email it to us.
Before you type 'backtrace' it'll show you what line # in what file that
the MUD crashed on. We'll need the function and the output from gdb in
order to figure out what went screwy with your MUD.

Good Luck!!

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.