Re: An uncommon problem... Sep 29, 97 05:31:32 am

From: Shadowdancer (sg618lo@UNIDUI.UNI-DUISBURG.DE)
Date: 09/29/97

Hmm...

  Actually I didn't want to start a discussion of language scrambling
in whatever way...it seems to me, that you all are discussing 'around'
the real problem:

  The problem was a player that had RL-problems because he was not
able to comprehend scrambled language to the extent we do. He had
RL-headaches and RL-loss of reality. This is hard to imagine, I know,
but who of you can imagine being an autist? I can't.

  Just starting to communicate with emotes, or setting 'drunk' to off
does not fix the problem that appears when OTHERS (maybe even on public
channels) talk to you that way, and your mind starts circling around those
scrambled words.

  Again: Language scrambling wasn't my topic (this is easily achived,
algorithms for that are basic stuff) but always leaving a backdoor for
the understanding of those scrambled language by certain people, whose
health might depend on it (again, this is easily done by saving a
string with the unscrambled language).

Regards,

Chris

--
| Christian Loth                      | Meet me as the Shadowdancer in the   |