Re: Shutdown and Oasis Improvement.

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/30/97

On Sun, 28 Sep 1997, John Evans wrote:

>I deciced that if this can be done with a command, then a safeguard could
>be added to the shutdown command to make sure that the MUD isn't shutdown
>when there is information that has no been saved to disk. I've killed
>several rooms or mob descrips with one shutdown command before, and,
>quite frankly, it's frustrating and avoidable.

In my MUD, I basically just had the MUD automatically save the zones and
not require another argument. (And added 'shutdown now' in case I didn't
want to save.)

>George, how about sticking this in as part of the Oasis patch if you
>wouldn't mind?

Would people prefer that the zones are automatically saved or that the MUD
prevents shutdowns? (I found the preventing shutdowns to be annoying
personally, since I'd have to save everything by hand and then shutdown.)