Re: [NEWBIE]Prompts

From: Stephen Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 10/01/97

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, George wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Tulio Leal Correa wrote:
>
> >someone told that was not a good idea to put a POS_FLYING, I was just
> >wondering why? Could you give me some light?
>
> Because all the positions are represented by numbers ranging from 0 to 8 or
> something.  Adding a POS_FLYING prevents a character from sleeping,
> standing, fighting, sitting, etc without losing the flying flag.  A better
> place for it would be as an AFF_FLYING since it is a spell affect and could
> be adjusted there after a time period.

        I made a swim position and a flying position, because you are
flying (thats your position). A spell letting you fly would affect you
with flying, but would be silly if your still standing.
        What I did was make a small do_swim and do_fly command, which, if
you are affected with flight, and want to sleep for a while, you can do
so, and providing you are still affected with flight (or have it as an
innate ability), you can type fly and that will return you to the flying
position. This seems the more realistic way of going, although, there are
problems:
        With swimming, You have to be in POS_SWIMMING to transverse water.
However, you cannot get into the water without swimming, and its not to
logical to start swimming on land. Unfortunately, thats the way I did it.
You cannot swim to a land area from a land area. Just have to imagine that
you are just entering the water.
                                                #include <Ryan.G>