Re: [CODE] More arguments :(

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 10/03/97

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Aaron Miller wrote:

> one_argument(argument, buf);
> argu = atoi(buf);
>
> And im still getting a zero when i sprintf argu.. :(

With your code the following command given to the mud will work like so:

command Hi

argument = "Hi"

After one_argument(argument, buf);
buf = "Hi"

After argu = atoi(buf);
buf = 0

That is because "Hi" is NON-NUMERIC.

The same code, with a different command:

command 4000

after one_argument(argument, buf);
buf = "4000"

after argu = atoi(buf);
argu = 4000

This is because the argument passed to the command was NUMERIC.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with your command. I think the
problem is that you don't understand what atoi() does, or you are trying
to do something thgat atoi() cannot do.

How about explaining to us what you are trying to do. You know, the
English paragraph or three describing what the function is supposed to
accomplish. Send a short bit of the code that you've written along with
it, and I bet that someone on the list can pin-point the problem.

Good luck!
John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.