Re: Non-indexed commands Software" at Oct 4, 97 08:06:15 pm

From: Andrew Helm (ashe@IGLOU.COM)
Date: 10/04/97

> I am wondering if anyone has thought about having non-indexed commands.
> What I mean by this is commands that are only used in specials, and do
> not appear in the master command list.  The problem is, the interpreter
> tries to find a command and then sends to the spec_procs.  Is there a way
> to let the spec_procs read the command, as it was typed in, and decide if
> they use it or not?

If a special proc returns zero then the command interpreter keeps
looking for matches. With stock circle you can have a special
proc associated with a room, a mob, or an item. What you're looking
for is essentially a list of special procs you can associate with
a single player. A linked list or an array of pointers that you
resize when needed would work nicely. Just modify the char_data
structure, add a function for adding and removing special procs
from a character, and edit the special() function.