Re: [CODE] More arguments :(

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/04/97

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Gary Barnett wrote:

-+  int argu=0;
-+
-+  skip_spaces(&argument);
-+  one_argument(argument, buf);
-+  if (*buf && is_number(buf))
-+     argu = atoi(buf);
-+  sprintf(buf, "Numerical Argument: %d", argu);
-+  send_to_char(buf, ch);

Hm, no, I think you just complicated the code without fixing the
problem (although the *buf check _is_ a very good thing to have).
My suggestion is to try this test ACMD, cut-and-paste it into your
MUD to make sure you get it *EXACTLY* as typed (unless I made a
typo, and then I'll feel stupid).  If this works fine, then
there's something wrong with the code you have in your MUD:

  ACMD(do_testcmd)
  {
    char arg[MAX_INPUT_LENGTH];
    int a;

    one_argument(argument, arg);

    if (*arg) {
      a = atoi(arg);
      sprintf(buf, "a==%d\r\n", a);
      send_to_char(buf, ch);
    }
  }

If it doesn't work, then, either I made a mistake (it's not likely
with such short code that I've looked over several times, but it's
possible), or something's broke in your version of Circle (which
is never a good thing).

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.