Re: [ Off-Topic ] Switch/Mail and stuff.. 97 05:17:25 pm

From: Andrew Helm (ashe@IGLOU.COM)
Date: 10/08/97

> ObCircle:
>
> What kinds of things could be added, so that it's possible to control the
> behavior of mobs, on a large scale, but still limited to certain areas =
> and/or
> types of mobs.  What I'm trying to get at here, is a way to give certain =
> high
> level players control over zone(s) full of mobs, without quite giving =
> them
> direct control, like they would have with force or switch or charm.  Give=
>  the
> mobs goals, standing orders on defending their area, etc.
>
> Has anybody done anything like this?  Care to explain the general idea =
> behind
> what you did, and how you did it?

It sounds like some well crafted special procs would do what
you want. Declare some static variables in them that hold
whatever the mobs in the affected zone should be doing. For
each mob you can have the same special proc react appropriately.
Give some specific examples of what you're looking for and
I'll write you some code. I have the unfortunate flaw of not
being able to resist responding to people long after I"ve
proven my point. I think right about now is a good time
for me to add some contributions. ;-)