Re: GET_ADD & Redoing stats..

From: --Ben Horner-- (b-horner@WAITE.ADELAIDE.EDU.AU)
Date: 10/09/97

             **********************

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Kareem Glover wrote:

> I have been putting in a new stat system based on 1 - 100 instead of the
> 1 - 18 system stock Circle currently has.  I ran into a slight problem
> because of the GET_ADD functions where it determines how much strength
> a charcater has.  Can someone explain the GET_ADD function and the theory
> behind it.
>

> Thanks Kareem

I also changed to /100 stats, I found that this is what I think circle
was doing:
if eq + spells effected str to say 23.

(its in handler.c affecte_total)
then  it runs this:
str_add = (23 - 18)*10

I failed to notice where the restriction was for other races to have
str_add(as someone posted latter, however rollor rolled 0 for all but
warrior types).

:Note if you are using signed char for your /100 values still remember
values of 126 is cool 127 goes -ve, and thust affect_total will:
get str  = max(0 , min(0, -127)
thus str will = 0 if someone has eq/spells over 127.

I just made a restriction in affect_modify(...)
case APPLY_STR:
        if ((GET_STR_VAFF(ch) + mod) < 121)
          GET_STR_VAFF(ch) +=mod;
        else
          GET_STR_VAFF(ch) = 120;

Question:
Does game need stats out of 18, and why were they made signed char's?