Re: [CODE] [Possible BUG] Thieves and Pick

From: Mike Schlagenhauf (mschlag@CS.PURDUE.EDU)
Date: 10/10/97

If I'm not mistaken (and I may very well be), that's kinda what's supposed
to happen with skills/spells.  From what I've seen of the code, the more
you attempt something, even if you fail at it, your skill still somewhat
improves.  You'd see the same thing (I think) from a warrior if he could
kick often enough in a battle.  If you tried it yourself, once you got it
to suceed, you'd see that your lock pick skill was at its highest.  That is
what I understood by looking at the code and some documentation (I think)
when I started to dissect the code to see what did what.  I could be
wrong...  ;-)

Schlag