Re: Animate Dead

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/15/97

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Edward Glamkowski wrote:

>There's a small bug in mag_summons which I notice your
>patch doesn't address.  It sends the failure message on
>success - line 904 in the stock code:
>  act(mag_summon_msgs[fmsg], FALSE, ch, 0, mob, TO_ROOM);

Doesn't even appear in the animate dead sequence so I didn't know it was
broken. Although the message should show up, it never does, see below:

The beastly fido arrives from a puff of smoke.
16H 100M 83V >
Azalin brutally slays the beastly fido!
Your blood freezes as you hear the beastly fido's death cry.
16H 100M 83V >
Azalin stares at the corpse of the beastly fido and utters the words, 'animate dead'.
The zombie starts to follow Azalin.
16H 100M 83V >
The cityguard arrives from a puff of smoke.
16H 100M 83V >
Azalin brutally slays the cityguard!
Your blood freezes as you hear the cityguard's death cry.
16H 100M 83V >
Azalin stares at the corpse of the cityguard and utters the words, 'animate dead'.
The zombie starts to follow Azalin.

Or...from first person:

> trans dog
The beastly fido arrives from a puff of smoke.
> kill dog
You chop him to pieces!  Ah!  The blood!
Your blood freezes as you hear the beastly fido's death cry.
> cast 'ani' corpse
Okay.
The zombie starts following you.
> trans cityguard
The cityguard arrives from a puff of smoke.
> kill cityguard
You chop him to pieces!  Ah!  The blood!
Your blood freezes as you hear the cityguard's death cry.
> cast 'ani' corpse
Okay.
The zombie starts following you.

Ah well... :)