Re: RETSIGTYPE

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/15/97

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer wrote:

-+what i meant to say was,
-+i don't GET a core dump :-P
-+otherwise i'd use it.
-+although that WOULD be a nice idea, to figure
-+out HOW to get the autorun script to pull the line number,etc out of the
-+core dump.
-+any ideas?

What do you mean you don't get a core dump?  I suppose it actually
depends on what OS you're running (erm, actually, I don't suppose it
does, I *know* it does).  But all UNIX OS' support core dumps, and
if you're using a UNIX OS and not getting core dumps, then you probably
have core dumps limited to a particular size.  In Linux bash, 'ulimit
-a' should get you a listing of all the limits.  I think 'ulimit -c xx'
will change the limit ('xx' being replaced by a number).

In Windows, I'm fairly certain that MSVC or Borland have a way to
track bugs to their line/function/file.  And since there are ports of
gdb to DOS (and perhaps Windows), then the ports of gcc to DOS and
Windows likely have a method for creating core dumps (likely, but
it's possible to not).

--
Daniel Anton Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:- [Nether]
"Human language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes