Re: bpl12 Suggestion (corpse rot)

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 10/18/97

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

> > When a corpse rots do the following:
> > If a mob corpse: extract all the contents of the corpse.
> > If a player corpse: Dump all contents to the ground.
> Hmm... Why would corpse of a PC rot in a different way? Heck, dead meat is
> dead meat... *shrug*
>
> *Scratch* I always believed that the goal on the mud is to make mobs and
> players as equal as possible, so that players can have more challenging
> mobs and stuff... Maybe I was wrong all the time...

The way I see it is that when a mob dies, there is a player standing
there to get the stuff from the corpse, but when a player dies, his
corpse will lay there for a some time before he can manage to get back to
it. Unless, of course, he was in a group.

Yes, equal is good, but in this case being exactly the same is bad.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.