Re: Titles

From: Co-Sysop (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 10/20/97

At 05:44 PM 10/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Co-Sysop wrote:
>
>-+I hope that helps.  I wasn't going to reply until I saw everyone
>-+recommending that you look in advance_level()  (that isn't where it is
>-+located).
>
>There's also a "set_title(ch, NULL);" in (I think) do_start() in
>class.c.  If you remove all the set_title()'s though, you might as
>well also remove the auto-titles from the level list and remove the
>support code from set_title() (this also means changing do_level()
>and any other functions that look for the titles).

That specific title is used when you first create your character.  i don't
recommend removing it because then when you create a character it's title
doesn't get set.  I was giving a way to make it so that someone's title
didn't get reset after they level.  Not all set_title(ch, NULL); lines
should be removed (unless you are involved in something more involved than
just making sure titles don't change when a person levels).  I'm not sure
EXACTLY what kind of an effect removing this line would have (since the
title wouldn't have been set yet).  This isn't directed at you alone (you
being the poster of the message I am replying to) it is more of a warning
for all the newbies out there who want titles to stay the same but aren't
quite sure what needs to be done.  But as I have said before, its your mud.
 Do whatever you want.