Re: [Offtopic] observations about MSVC and win32 compilers

From: Jason Fischer (jasonf@COMPUMEDIA.COM)
Date: 10/26/97

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Franco Gasperino wrote:

>   I find that the power of the compiler is in the power of the debugger.
> Since MSVC 4.0, nothing has come close... getting tree views of
> linked lists and all data under it is very helpful when stepping through
> any code, and gdb doesn't cut it.

To anyone one the linux platforms (not sure about BSD) running X, there is
a very good visual debugger called ddd.  It does many of the things
mentioned above (although to each their own, I'm really not trying to fuel
a holy war) located at http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/ddd

Jason

--
Jason Fischer            |  Any smoothly functioning technology is
jasonf@bugger.it.all     |  indistinguishable from a rigged demo.