Re: [Porting] Anybody tried gnu-win32?

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/29/97

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Price Hall wrote:

%Has anybody tried porting circle to cygnus gnu-win32?

Uhm, if I'm not mistaken, someone already did.  Or rather, they wrote
a document explaining how to do it.  A good place to check would be
the ftp.circlemud.org ftp site.

I still don't fathom why people ask these types of questions.  It
seems increasingly frequent that people are asking, "Where are the
CircleMUD resources?" or "Are there any more?" or "Has this been
done?"  Unlike many other projects, CircleMUD is not stagnant.  The
web page (at least Alex's; the Circle home page still says things
like, "Ports for the Amiga should be availible by June 1996." or
something to that affect) is up-to-date, and quite honestly, Circle
does not need *more* support sites.  Why do people have such a hard
time understanding a nice, centeralized resource for CircleMUD
information?!  Or, looking there when they want to know if someone
has done something?  All well, I suppose I ought to step down off my
soap box.

--
Daniel Anton Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:- [Nether]
"Human language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes