Re: [CODE RELEASE] Circle 3.0 beta patchlevel 12

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/29/97

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, John Evans wrote:

%Wait on updating the patches until Jeremy stops pumping out bpls like a
%madman. It would be a waste of time to convert to bpl13, bpl14, bpl15,
%etc... Wait until Jeremy announces the "last bpl before 3.1" and then do
%it.

If Jeremy ever accurately announces the "last bpl before 3.1" I
would shoot myself in the foot with a crossbow.  Anyways, if George
is integrating his patches into bpl13, then he won't have that
many to convert after it is released.  So why not update them for
bpl12, now, if he won't have to update them (all or some?) in the
future?

BTW, kudos to George and the rest of the active intelligence on the
CircleMUD mailing list; they have probably spotted more bugs in
CircleMUD bpl11 in the past few weeks than have been reported for
the majority of patchlevel 11's "shelf life".  (by "active
intelligence" I meant people that contribute intelligently to the
list).

--
Daniel Anton Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:- [Nether]
"Human language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes