Re: [ADMIN] Memory a Mud takes up

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 10/30/97

On 10/30/97 4:24 AM, - Pure Krome - (pure@SPRINT.COM.AU) stated:

>Hi People.
>    i just got a note from my ISP admin saying my mud (semi-heavily
>modified) takes up just under 10MB of Memory. Now, i've got a few rooms
>and zones, but not as many as most others muds open. So i'm curious to
>know how much ram others are taking up (ps aux, top is what i used to
>find out).
>
>If mines out of wack, then i'm going to have to do some serious memory
>crunching on my new linked lists and arrays i've chucked into the code
>here and there....

Heres a short rundown of my mud:

 FLAGS   UID   PID  PPID PRI  NI   SIZE   RSS WCHAN       STA TTY TIME
COMMAND
100000   522 26588   513   5   5   6080  5432 do_select   S N ?   0:15
bin/circl

     11 players in game     11 connected
   2493 registered
    459 mobiles            419 prototypes
   3803 objects           1285 prototypes
   6767 rooms               99 zones
      2 large bufs
     43 buf switches         0 overflows

So thats 5.9 megs swap, 5.3 megs RAM, after 13 minutes uptime.  (Note: 15
seconds of CPU time used to boot).
Also, I use George's buf patch.

- Chris Jacobson