Re: Bpl13 suggestion

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 10/30/97

> On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Rasdan wrote:
>
> ->int change_titles_on_level      TRUE;
>
> Of course, you mean " = TRUE;".  I would suggest calling it
> auto_title, which is more compact and convenient to keep track of.

ACK, I can't believe I made that mistake, now I feel stupid :)

>   - It's fluff.
>   - It requires people to either come up with new titles when they add
>     new classes/levels; or, as more often is the case, to just put in
>     any stupid ol' thing.
>   - From my experience, players ignore the level titles any way.
>   - From my experience, players dislike having their customized title
>     rewritten whenever they level.
>   - Implementors who are serious about having auto-titles will find it
>     a trivial thing to add.

While I agree with you here, it seems much easier from a developer's
point of view to leave it in if desired, and just make it a configureable
setting, because then if I don't want it, why I just set it to FALSE,
nice and easy :)

Rasdan

                                  /   \
        _                 )      ((   ))     (
       (@)               /|\      ))_((     /|\                 _
       |-|`\            / | \    (/\|/\)   / | \               (@)
       | | ------------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\--------------|-|
       | |  James C. Thomas Jr.   `\Y/'  Founder of Finality   |-|
       |-|                 rasdan@finality.com                 | |
       | |                  finality.com 4000                  |-|
                 l /   V           \ \       V   \ l           (@)
                                   `\ /'
                                     `