Security danger when using OLC

From: Chagai Kofler (ckofler@STAR.NET.IL)
Date: 10/31/97

Lately I came across a security danger when you let builders use OLC.
If your MUD supports OLC with affection feature of objects like
level or exp, an object with +level may advance your builders to the
position of an Imp and therefor giving them the priveleged commands
that they are not supposed to use.
One of my builders tried this trick on my MUD and deleted the Imps.
Although they cant take over the MUD, still they could perform some
annoying acts.

I dont know if this danger is known already, but I hope this post will
prevent similar acts on your MUDs.

C.K.