Re: Player killing

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/31/97

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Ben Britton wrote:

>Was wondering if anyone has found some problems with the player killing
>in CIRCLE 3.0 ?  Seems that the players who attack (murder) the other
>players only end up dieing, like the other day a lvl 30 attacked a lvl 1, and
>the lvl 1 killed the attacker.  I cannot find out why this is so.  Any
>help?

in damage() there is a line or two:
    if (PLR_FLAGGED(ch, PLR_KILLER) && (ch != victim))
      dam = 0;

And config.c has:

/*
 * pk_allowed sets the tone of the entire game.  If pk_allowed is set to
 * NO, then players will not be allowed to kill, summon, charm, or sleep
 * other players, as well as a variety of other "asshole player" protections.
 * However, if you decide you want to have an all-out knock-down drag-out
 * PK Mud, just set pk_allowed to YES - and anything goes.
 */
bool pk_allowed = YES;

You would learn this much faster by reading the code.