Re: [ADMIN][OFF-TOPIC][WIN95]

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 11/01/97

On Friday, October 31, 1997 11:44 PM, - Pure Krome -
[SMTP:pure@SPRINT.COM.AU] wrote:
> G'day,
>     i'm using MSDEV 5 and want to use the windiff program. The other
> coders have done some modifications to the same files i've been using,
> and i wanna use windiff.
>
> I have no idea ! There's all this read and yellow colour, where i'm
> assuming red is one file, yellow is the other ?? Can someone give me
> some help please?

Excerpted from the windiff help file. RTFM

Red background means left hand file.
Yellow background means right hand file.
If Windiff was invoked as Windiff other_directory then red means the
other_directory and yellow means the current directory.

White background means common to both files

Blue text means that the line is moved text
Black text means text that is the identical (white background) or different
(coloured background).
Green text means that windiff thinks that there is a corresponding similar
line in the other file (see Zebra Stripes)

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks