Re: Help please

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 11/01/97

At 07:59 PM 11/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok....I'm very new to MUD coding/compiling and have gotten stuck already..
>
>I started going through the compile process today. I went all through
>configure with no problems, but when I typed "make all" in the src
>directory I got this error:
>
>make: execvp: ./licheck: Permission denied
>make: *** [.accepted] Error 127

The first time you (successfully) make, CircleMUD makes sure you've read the
CircleMUD license. licheck is a script to do exactly that. An alternative for
you is to first read the file doc/license.doc and then, in your src directory,
enter the command "touch .accepted". This will allow make to skip that first
step and get to the compilation process.

If I were you though, I'd investigate why licheck is not working. If it is
broken for some reason, it is likely that other files are broken as well.