Re: world file deleting

From: Rich Chiavaroli (rchiav@FRONTIERNET.NET)
Date: 11/03/97

> On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Blake Sanderson wrote:
>
> >         Your replys explain how to delete the zones but what about the
> > guild refrences in class.c which refer to deleted zones.  Do I just delete
> > them from the class file?

you're going to want to update guild_info[] to reflect the information
of your current guilds. This means removing info for guilds that
arn't there and the new ones that you added.

> >         Also does anyone have a idea or patch to debugging the oasisolc.
> > It seems that the olc is causing my mud to crash because commands are
> > miscomunicated by the olc to the mud.  When the mud reboots it calls apon
> > rooms, special flags, mobs and objects that don't exsist and cause errors
> > loged in the syslog and .crash!

OK.. if it's trying to load rooms, objects, mobs that don't exist, my
guess would be that either you have the .wld .obj .zon .mob files
still in the index but they don't exist or that there are errors on the
format of the files. More than lifely there are no errors on the
fromat unless you played around with the OLC code. The specials are
what was mentioned before. You need to remove the assignment of the
special procedures for the mobs that don't exist any more.
-Rich