Re: Weapon and Spell Types.

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 11/05/97

I dont know about you but on my to-do list is to revamp the OLC in re:
weapons. I have already changed it so that armor is split into 8 fields,
and now I'm planning on changing the weapon type so when I put in the sword
skill the skill will be called when using an item of type sword. And then
trying to keep th various types of damage... for example a dagger could
slash or pierce, which are two totally different AC fields.

It's another Rom thing. ;-) *Diku spawned Circle and Merc which spawned
Envy and Rom... I'm welding and melding thw two ends together again.*

Sory if any bad typing, hurt fingers when bringing the stove up 3 flights
of stairs *OOOOOOWWWWWWW*

At 02:03 PM 11/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I would like to classify each weapon and spell that cause damage under a
>type of damage, like a dam_type.  Example dam_types might be: fire,
>slash, water, pierce, ect.  From studing the code I see that weapons have
>a weapon type used for damage messages, and I see that spells have
>different savetypes.  I would like to combine these and have all damage
>done to be from one of these types, so like: 20 points of fire damage, 11
>points of blunt damage, ect.  Does anyone have some comments or
>suggestions on how I can go about classifing these damage types?
>Thanks - Shaw

        .--.        .-----------       StormeRider
       // / \  __  /    ------        winds@ici.net
     //// /// '~ (    ---         CircleMUD 3.0bpl11
    // /  // :    ; ---              cmoo.com:4004
           //..\\       http://members.tripod.com/~WindsOfStorm
           UU   UU
           '//||\\`